Recipe: Chargrilled chicken breast with ginger
- 750ml (3 cups) water
- 300g (1 1/2 cups) basmati rice, rinsed well under cold water
- 95g (1/4 cup) Lee Kum Kee hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 (about 200g each) single chicken breast fillets
- Place the water in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add the rice. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to stand. Meanwhile, combine the hoisin sauce, tamari, garlic and ginger in a bowl.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and pour over the hoisin mixture. Gently toss to coat. Set aside for 5 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan on medium. Cook chicken on grill for 7-8 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Thickly slice across the grain. Divide the Asian watercress salad among serving plates.
- Top with chicken and serve with rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)