Recipe: Chicken, celery, green bean & almond stir-fry
- 1 tbs grapeseed oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 2 tbs Chinese black vinegar
- 2 tbs gluten-free tamari
- 1-2 tsp sambal oelek, to taste
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 white onion, cut into thin wedges
- 6 celery stalks, trimmed, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 250g green beans, topped, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1/4 cup (40g) raw almonds
- 3 cups steamed rice, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a wok or large frypan over high heat. Stir-fry the chicken, in batches, for 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- Stir vinegar, tamari, sambal and sugar in a small bowl until sugar dissolves, then set aside. Return the wok to high heat and heat remaining oil.
- Add onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add celery and beans, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until just tender.
- Return chicken to wok with vinegar mixture and nuts. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and coated in the sauce.
- Serve with rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)