Recipe: Chilli pork with avocado cream & corn
- 4 corn cobs, husks and silks removed, halved crossways
- 25g butter, softened
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled
- 60ml (1/4 cup) 97 per cent fat-free diet sour creme (Pauls brand)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 350g pork fillet, halved crossways
- Cook corn in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the pan. Add butter and coriander and toss to combine.
- Cover with a lid to keep warm. Place the avocado and sour crÃ°Â¨me in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl. Meanwhile, combine salt, oregano and cayenne pepper on a plate. Place pork on salt mixture, pressing firmly to coat.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook for 5 minutes each side or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate.
- Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Slice pork fillet across the grain into 2cm-thick slices. Arrange pork on plates and top with avocado cream.
- Serve with corn.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)