Recipe: Christmas Berry Trifle
- 200g (about 16) savoiardi (sponge finger biscuits)
- 2 x 9g pkts Aeroplane JellyLite raspberry-flavoured low-joule jelly crystals
- 1 tsp rosewater essence 80g unsalted pistachio kernels
- 4 x 150g ctns Fruche Vanilla Creme 99 per cent fat-free fromage frais
- 500g fresh or thawed frozen mixed summer fruit (such as strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or cherries)
- 2 tsp icing sugar mixture
- Break the biscuits into large pieces. Arrange over the base of a 2L (8-cup) capacity serving dish. Prepare the jelly following packet directions. Stir in the rosewater essence.
- Carefully pour the jelly mixture over the biscuits. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until the jelly is set.
- Meanwhile, place the pistachios in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool slightly. Coarsely chop.
- Spoon the fromage frais over the jelly. Top with the mixed summer fruit. Sprinkle with pistachios and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)