Recipe: Egg, Parsley & Parmesan Salad
- 4 eggs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) red wine vinegar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed, cut into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
- Cook the eggs in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 9 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water. Peel and finely chop.
- Combine the vinegar and oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the egg and parsley and drizzle over the dressing. Sprinkle with parmesan.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)