Recipe: Gnocchi With Creamy Tomato & Bacon Sauce
- 1 x 500g pkt potato gnocchi
- 160ml (2/3 cup) light thickened cream
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 6 shortcut rindless bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 150g 97% fat-free semi-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tbs toasted pine nuts
- 40g (1 cup) baby spinach leaves
- Cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until tender. Drain. Meanwhile, combine cream, water and tomato paste in a bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until crisp. Stir in the cream mixture, tomato and pine nuts.
- Add the gnocchi and spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the spinach wilts. Season with pepper. Divide among serving bowls to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)