Recipe: Grilled skirt steak with gorgonzola sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tbs gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dry red wine
- 1 tbs chopped thyme leaves
- 1kg piece skirt steak
- 100ml thin cream
- 250g gorgonzola dolce
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- 1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Roast vegetables (such as potato and tomato) or rocket salad, to serve
- Combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, wine and thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add the beef and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue over medium-high heat. When hot, cook the steak for 4-5 minutes each side for medium-rare (skirt steak can become tough if overcooked).
- Remove from the chargrill and cover loosely with foil, then set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Place cream, cheese and horseradish cream in a pan over very low heat, and stir until cheese just melts.
- Stir in parsley. Slice beef against the grain into 1cm-thick slices.
- Serve with sauce, and roast vegetables or salad, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)