Recipe: Horseradish beef with caramelised parsnips & turnips
- 5 parsnips, peeled, quartered lengthways
- 1 bunch turnips, peeled, quartered
- Olive oil spray
- 1 1/2 tbs dark brown sugar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches English spinach, trimmed
- 8 (about 100g each) beef fillet steaks
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup (125g) Kraft Free mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp Masterfoods horseradish cream
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the parsnips and turnips on a baking tray and spray with olive oil. Sprinkle with sugar and season with pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until crisp. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Quickly blanch the spinach leaves for 1 minute, drain and carefully squeeze.
- Season the steak with lots of pepper. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the steak and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to rest. Meanwhile, combine the mayonnaise and horseradish cream.
- Serve the steak with the caramelised parsnips and turnips, spinach and horseradish sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)