Recipe: Maple-glazed roast pumpkin
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1kg Kent pumpkin, unpeeled, seeded, cut into 10 wedges
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine the maple syrup, oil, thyme and allspice in a small bowl. Place the pumpkin in a large roasting pan.
- Add half the maple syrup mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Add the remaining maple syrup mixture.
- Roast for a further 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender and golden.
Number of servings (yield): 10
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)