Recipe: Microwave Mushroom Risotto
- 60g butter, chopped
- 1 leek, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 400g mushrooms, sliced (we used Swiss brown cups, buttons, shiitake)
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Combine 20g butter, leek and garlic in an 8-cup capacity, heatproof, microwave-safe bowl or rice-cooker. Cover loosely with paper towel. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes or until leek is soft.
- Add rice. Stir to coat in butter mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups stock. Cover and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 5 minutes, followed by 7 minutes on MEDIUM (50%).
- Stir in mushrooms and remaining stock. Cover and microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for a further 7 minutes. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add parmesan, parsley and remaining butter. Season with pepper. Stir to combine. Spoon into bowls. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)