Recipe: Oregano Pork Sausages With Greek Salad
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground oregano
- 8 (about 660g pkt) extra-lean pork sausages (Peppercorn brand)
- 200g 97 per cent fat-free semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, coarsely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, chopped
- 140g reduced-fat feta, cut into cubes
- 80g pitted kalamata olives
- 1 green oakleaf lettuce, washed, dried, leaves separated
- Preheat grill on high. Combine 1 tbs of the oil and the oregano in a small bowl. Brush the pork sausages with the oregano oil.
- Place on a baking tray and cook under preheated grill, about 6cm from the heat source, for 3-4 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, feta and olives in a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining oil and gently toss to combine.
- Place the lettuce on serving plates and top with the pork sausages. Serve with Greek salad.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)