Recipe: Oven-baked vegetable and bacon frittata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 green capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 125g 97% fat-free bacon, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line base and sides of a 4cm deep, 16cm x 26cm (base) slab pan.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, capsicum and bacon. Cook, stirring often, for 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Add green onion. Cook for 1 minute. Spread over base of pan. Using a fork, whisk eggs, milk and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir in cheese.
- Pour over vegetables, shaking pan to allow egg mixture to run to base of pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set.
- Stand in pan for 20 minutes. Cut into pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature with salad, if desired
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)