Recipe: Pork with pineapple and mint salsa
- 4 sebago potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 125g packet coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons 99% fat-free coleslaw dressing
- olive oil cooking spray
- 4 pork loin steaks, trimmed
- 1/4 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- dill sprigs, to serve
Pineapple and mint salsa
- 1/4 small pineapple, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, finely shredded
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Preheat a barbecue plate on medium heat. Wrap each potato in foil. Place on barbecue and cover with barbecue hood (see tip). Cook, turning often, for 40 to 60 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine coleslaw mix and dressing in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Make pineapple and mint salsa: Remove core from pineapple.
- Dice pineapple and place in a bowl. Add mint and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Cover. Set aside.
- Preheat a barbecue grill on medium heat. Spray pork with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Barbecue for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Place pork on plates. Spoon over salsa. Unwrap potatoes.
- Place 1 potato on each plate and top with a dollop of yoghurt and dill sprigs.
- Serve with coleslaw.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)