Recipe: Reduced-Fat Pasta Boscaiola
- 250g Barilla dried fusilli pasta
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g 98% fat-free bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 250ml tub 60%-less-fat cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add mushroom. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender.
- Add wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add cream. Stir until smooth. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Drain pasta.
- Return to saucepan over low heat.
- Add mushroom mixture and parsley. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into bowls. Top with parmesan. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)