Recipe: Roasted Capsicum, Tomato & Coriander Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 3 roasted red capsicums (about 300g), peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) salt-reduced gluten-free vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup (80g) low-fat yoghurt
- Chopped coriander, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and chilli, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and capsicum, and stir to combine.
- Add stock, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until the mixture reduces slightly. Set aside to cool a little, then blend, in batches, until smooth.
- Return soup to pan over medium heat until heated through. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve garnished with a dollop of low-fat yoghurt and chopped coriander.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)