Recipe: Spaghetti With Chicken & Semi-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 single chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, quartered, deseeded
- 80g fat-free semi-dried tomatoes
- 20g shredded parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, finely crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 400g dried thin spaghetti pasta
- 80g reduced-fat feta
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Bring a large frying pan of water to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Add the chicken and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Set aside for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the chicken to a clean work surface.
- Coarsely shred. Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the capsicum, skin-side up, on a baking tray and cook under grill for 8-10 minutes or until charred and blistered.
- Transfer into a sealable plastic bag and set aside for 5 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel the skin from the capsicum.
- Place the capsicum, semi-dried tomatoes, parmesan and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- With the motor running, gradually add the lemon juice and oil in a thin, steady stream until combined. Cook the pasta in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente.Drain. Return to the pan.
- Add the semi-dried tomato mixture and chicken to the pasta. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle over the feta and parsley.
- Season with pepper to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)