Recipe: Tandoori chicken salad
- 2 tbs tandoori curry paste
- 3/4 cup (210g) fat-free natural yoghurt
- 400g chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 200g Woolworths fresh sweet iceberg
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 80g snow pea sprouts
- Pappadums, to serve (optional)
- Combine the curry paste and 1/4 cup of yoghurt in a glass bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Combine the mint, lime juice and rest of yoghurt. Season with salt and pepper. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over a medium heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Cook for about 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Slice the chicken.
- Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, snow pea sprouts and chicken among serving bowls.
- Serve with the yoghurt dressing and pappadums if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)