Recipe: Tandoori lamb cutlets with potato & cucumber salad
- 155g (1/2 cup) tandoori paste
- 2 x 125g ctns 99.8 per cent fat-free natural yoghurt
- 8 (about 540g) lamb cutlets
- 8 (about 500g) small coliban (chat) potatoes, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, ends trimmed, thinly sliced using a vegetable peeler
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped fresh coriander Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- Preheat grill on high. Combine the tandoori paste and half the yoghurt in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the lamb and turn to coat.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to develop the flavours. Meanwhile, cook the potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 7-8 minutes or until tender.
- Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Place the potato in a large bowl with the remaining yoghurt, cucumber and coriander, and gently toss until just combined.
- Place lamb on a baking tray. Cook under preheated grill for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide lamb and potato & cucumber salad among serving plates. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)