Recipe: Tartines With Salmon Sashimi And Wasabi Avocado
- 375g block puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tbs mirin (see note)
- 1 1/2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 400g sashimi-grade salmon, chopped
- 2 cups micro cress
- 2 tbs caster sugar Flesh of
- 1 avocado Juice of
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp wasabi paste
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Roll out the pastry to a 30cm x 20cm rectangle.
- Cut pastry into 5 lengthways and 7 widthways to make 35 rectangles, then place on the lined tray. Prick pastry with a fork.
- Cover with another sheet of baking paper, then a heavy baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Remove top tray and paper, then allow tartines to cool completely. Meanwhile, for the avocado, place sugar and 2 tbs water in a small pan over low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cool, then whiz in a processor with avocado, lime and wasabi. Season to taste, then set aside. Combine the vinegar, mirin, soy sauce and grated ginger in a small bowl.
- When ready to serve, spread each tartine with some avocado, top with salmon and garnish with cress. Drizzle with a little dressing just before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)