Recipe: Tortellini with peas, tomato & salami
- 1 x 250g pkt dried tortellini ai formaggi (Barilla brand)
- 110g (2/3 cup) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 100g 97 per cent fat-free semi-dried tomatoes
- 75g 40 per cent reduced-fat shaved Hungarian salami (Hans brand) cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried crushed hot chillies
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- Cook the tortellini in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the peas 2 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Drain well. Return tortellini and peas to saucepan along with the semi-dried tomatoes, salami, oil and chilli, and place over low heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until hot. Remove from heat. Add the basil and stir to combine.
- Divide among bowls and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)