Recipe: Tuna sashimi with coconut rice
- 1 cup (200g) jasmine rice
- 4 spring onions, thinly shredded
- 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut milk
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400g sashimi-grade tuna (see note), sliced
- 2 avocados, flesh cut into thin wedges
- 50g toasted sesame seeds
- Gluten-free tamari (naturally brewed soy sauce) and lime wedges (optional), to serve
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Meanwhile, place the spring onion in a bowl of iced water until it curls.
- Drain and set aside. Combine the coconut milk, lime juice and chilli in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Drain the rice, return to the pan and stir in the coconut dressing and half the spring onion. Divide the rice among serving plates.
- Top with the tuna and avocado wedges, then garnish with the remaining onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve with a bowl of tamari to dip, and lime if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)