Recipe: Barbecued asparagus with hazelnuts and mint
- 4 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 75g (1/2 cup) dry-roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbs pomegranate juice
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Using 1 bunch of asparagus, thread a soaked bamboo skewer crossways through the end of each spear, about 3cm from the base.
- Thread another skewer through the top of each spear. Repeat with remaining 3 bunches of asparagus. Spray both sides of the asparagus with oil.
- Cook on grill for 1 minute each side or until the asparagus is bright green, tender crisp and slightly charred.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Remove the skewers. Place asparagus on a serving platter. To make the pomegranate dressing, whisk the pomegranate juice and oil in a small bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the pomegranate dressing over the asparagus and sprinkle with the hazelnut and mint.
Number of servings (yield): 10
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)