Recipe: Creamy mac ‘n’ cheese
- 2 1/2 cups dried elbow pasta
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 green onions, sliced 100g 97% fat-free shaved leg ham, sliced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 x 375ml cans Carnation Light & Creamy Evaporated Milk
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup dried multigrain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender, adding broccoli for the last 1 minute of cooking. Drain.
- Return pasta and broccoli to pan. Add onion, ham and peas. Season with pepper. Toss to combine. Combine flour and mustard in a jug.
- Stir in evaporated milk until combined. Pour over pasta mixture. Toss to combine. Transfer to a 10 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Arrange eggs in pasta mixture. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl. Sprinkle over top. Cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)