Recipe: Honey-soy chicken coleslaw
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup 99% fat-free honey soy dressing pita bread, to serve
- Heat a small frying pan over low heat. Add sesame seeds. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until golden.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Combine chicken, cabbages, carrot, green onions and snow peas in a large bowl.
- Pour over dressing. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve salad with pita bread.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)