Recipe: Moroccan lamb pizza
- 2/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs chopped mint
- 180g lamb backstrap, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ras el hanout or Moroccan seasoning
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 26cm gluten-free pizza base
- 1 tbs pine nuts
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs chopped coriander
- Combine the yoghurt, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and mint in a bowl. Season with salt. Chill until required. Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the chopped lamb, ras el hanout or Moroccan seasoning, garlic, red onion, sea salt and freshly ground pepper into a food processor and pulse until the mixture is coarsely minced.
- Place the pizza base on a baking tray. Scatter the lamb mixture, pine nuts and tomato over the pizza base.
- Place in the oven and cook for 8-10 minutes until lamb is cooked through and tomatoes have softened.
- Remove from oven, scatter with the chopped coriander and drizzle over remaining lemon juice.
- Serve with the mint yoghurt.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)