Recipe: Parsley and quinoa salad
- 3/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, peeled, deseeded, diced
- Place quinoa and 1 1/2 cups cold water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until water has absorbed. Drain. Rinse.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Place lemon juice and oil in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Add parsley, cucumber and dressing to quinoa. Toss to combine.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)