Recipe: Spicy udon noodles
- 3 x 270g pkts Hakubaku udon noodles
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp Sichuan seasoning
- 2 x 200g pkts Japanese tofu, sliced
- 80ml (1/3 cup) tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 150g snow peas, ends trimmed
- 150g sugar snap peas, topped
- Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add noodles, seasoning and tofu and stir-fry for 8 minutes.
- Add tamari, sesame oil and peas and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)