Recipe: Sweet potato & salmon cakes with dill yoghurt
- 500g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 x 415g can red salmon, drained
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 90g (1/3 cup) fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Cook the sweet potato in a steamer over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the steamer doesn’t touch the water) for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mash. Add the salmon, onion and 1 tablespoon of dill. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden. Combine the yoghurt, garlic and remaining dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide cucumber and spinach among serving plates. Serve with the patties and yoghurt mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)