Recipe: Chicken & capsicum hotpot
- 2 red capsicums, halved, seeded
- Olive oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 2 tsp honey Steamed rice, to serve
- Chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
- Preheat grill on high. Cook capsicum, skin-side up, under grill for 8 minutes or until charred and blistered. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Cover and set aside for 5 minutes (this helps lift the skin). Peel. Thinly slice the flesh. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Spray with oil.
- Cook half the chicken, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a large plate. Repeat with oil and remaining chicken, reheating the pan between batches. Reduce heat to medium.
- Spray the pan with oil. Cook the onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the chicken, tomato and water. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add the capsicum and honey. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season with pepper. Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with the chicken mixture and sprinkle with parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)