Recipe: Oat & choc chunk cookies
- 150g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 80g (1/2 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 180g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 150g milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and combined sugar in a medium bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Sift the flour and baking powder over the egg mixture. Add the oats and chocolate, and stir until well combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place on lined tray. Flatten slightly. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden.
- Set aside on the tray for 5 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Number of servings (yield): 24
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)