Recipe: Peas and beans with minted garlic butter
- 25g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Fresh mint leaves, to serve
- Combine butter and mint in a bowl. Set aside. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Cook peas, beans and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain. Return peas and beans to pan. Crush garlic. Add to butter mixture. Add garlic butter mixture to peas and beans.
- Season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat. Serve topped with mint.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)