Recipe: Pork, pineappple and noodle stir fry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g lean pork steaks (we used pork scotch fillet steaks)
- 250g fat-free 2-minute noodles
- 1/2 small sweet pineapple, skin and core removed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 150g beansprouts, trimmed
- 250g green beans, trimmed, halved crossways
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium/high heat. Brush both sides pork with 2 teaspoons olive oil (see note). Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover and stand for 5 minutes. Thinly slice. Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Stand for 2 to 3 minutes to soften. Drain and rinse under cold water. Cut pineapple in half lengthways. Thinly slice. Heat a large wok or frying pan over high heat until hot.
- Add sesame oil and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Swirl to coat. Add onion and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender. Add beansprouts and beans. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add noodles and pork to wok. Pour over honey and soy sauce. Toss to combine. Add pineapple and stir-fry for 1 minute or until just heated through.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)