Recipe: Roast vegetable quiche
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cubed
- 1 small red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 quantity Basic egg mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Place baking tray on top shelf of oven. Line another baking tray with baking paper.
- Use pastry to line base and sides of a 2.5cm-deep, 11.5cm x 34cm (base), loose-based fluted tart pan. Prick base with a fork.
- Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm. Place pumpkin, capsicum and onion on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place on lower shelf of oven. Place tart pan on hot baking tray in oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and vegetables are just tender.
- Remove tart pan and vegetables from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Make egg mix. Arrange vegetables in pastry case.
- Pour over egg mix. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and just set.
- Top with coriander. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)