Recipe: Asparagus And Goat’s Cheese Frittata
- 20g butter
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup pure cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, basil and dill)
- 2/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
- 60g goatâ€™s cheese, crumbled
- Mixed salad leaves and small
- Fresh dill sprigs, to serve
- Melt butter in a 22cm (base) heavy-based, flameproof, non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is golden. Meanwhile, whisk eggs, cream, chopped herbs and 1/2 cup parmesan in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat grill on medium-high.
- Add asparagus to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until bright green and just tender. Pour egg mixture over asparagus mixture.
- Lift and tilt pan to distribute egg mixture. Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle goat’s cheese and remaining parmesan over top. Cook for 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Place pan under grill. Grill for 3 minutes or until set and golden. Stand for 3 minutes. Loosen frittata with a spatula. Slide onto a plate. Top with dill. Serve with salad leaves.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)