Recipe: Beetroot and carrot salad with salmon and egg
- 4 eggs
- 2 beetroot bulbs, peeled, coarsely grated
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 150g pkt smoked salmon portions, flaked
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- 2 tbs chopped fresh chives
- Place eggs in a small saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Boil for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Cool under cold running water. Peel. Divide the beetroot and carrot among serving plates. Cut each egg in half and place on top of the vegetables.
- Top with the salmon. Whisk the lemon juice, oil and horseradish cream in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and sprinkle over the chives.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)