Recipe: Chicken breasts with goat’s feta, semi-dried tomato & basil stuffing
- 225g marinated goat’s feta, drained
- 3 tbs chopped marinated semi-dried tomatoes (oil reserved)
- 2 tbs chopped basil leaves
- 6 free-range chicken breasts with skin (wingbone attached, optional)
- 350g vine-ripened truss tomatoes
- Spinach, orange & macadamia salad, and peas and beans with pistachio pesto (see related recipes), to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. In a small bowl, mix feta, semi-dried tomatoes and basil together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working from the narrow end of the breast, use your fingers to carefully separate skin from breast to create a pocket. Divide feta mix among breasts, pushing mixture underneath the skin. Place chicken skin-side up in a roasting pan. Rub with reserved oil and season.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, then add tomatoes to pan for a further 5 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked, and tomatoes are softened. Serve with spinach salad and beans and peas.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)