Recipe: Chicken & chilli-bean tacos
- 2 (about 200g each) single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 x 420g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli (optional), deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 8 taco shells
- 50g grated 93 per cent fat-free cheddar
- 4 butter lettuce leaves, washed, dried, shredded
- 50g extra-light sour cream (Pauls brand)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Spread chicken over tray. Cook in oven for 8 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place beans, tomato, chilli and coriander in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Place tacos on a baking tray. Cook in oven for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- To serve, spoon bean mixture among tacos. Top with chicken, cheddar and lettuce and a dollop of sour cream.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)