Recipe: Chicken & mango salad with walnuts
- 4 (about 125g each) single chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Calypso ma
- 1 x 400g pkt Woolworths fresh complete salad mix
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, coarsely chopped
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways
- 30g (1/4 cup) walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) fat-free French dressing
- 4 pieces wholemeal Lebanese bread, halved
- Preheat a barbecue flat plate or chargrill on medium-high. Brush both sides of the chicken evenly with the oil. Season with pepper.
- Add the chicken to the flat plate or grill and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Meanwhile, use a small sharp knife to cut down either side of the mango seed to remove the cheeks.
- Peel and cut the flesh into thin strips. Combine the mango, salad mix, cucumber, snow peas and walnuts in a large bowl. Add the French dressing and toss until well combined.
- Thinly slice the chicken across the grain. Divide the salad among serving bowls and top with the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with bread, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)