Recipe: Corn, chive and cheese quiche
- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 310g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 125g can capsicum, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure cream
- 80g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven and a baking tray to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 3cm-deep, 22cm (base) round fluted loose-based flan tin. Line base and side with pastry. Trim excess. Freeze for 10 minutes or until pastry is firm.
- Place tin on heated baking tray. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is light golden. Remove from oven. Reduce oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
- Combine corn, tasty cheese, capsicum and chives in a bowl. Arrange over base of pastry. Place eggs and cream in a jug. Season with salt and pepper. Beat to combine. Pour over corn mixture. Top with mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)