Recipe: Garlic prawns with broccolini & almonds
- 450g pkt Sunrice Long Grain
- White Rice in 2 1/2 Minutes
- 1 tbs tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 tbs water
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 2 bunches broccolini, halved, stems halved lengthways
- 1 red capsicum, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 500g fresh green garlic prawns
- 80ml (1/3 cup) white wine
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 25g (1/4 cup) flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Cook the rice following packet directions. Combine the tamari, water and cornflour in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat until just smoking. Stir-fry the broccolini and capsicum for 3 minutes or until nearly tender.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the wine, sugar and cornflour mixture, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens.
- Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with the prawn mixture, almonds and coriander.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)