Recipe: Honey chicken with pak choy
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 large single chicken breast fillets, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 60ml (1/4 cup) tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 x 250g pkts Sun Rice Jasmine Rice in 90 Seconds
- 3 bunches baby pak choy, quartered lengthways
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over high heat. Add the onion and garlic, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tamari, oyster sauce, honey and sesame oil. Season with pepper. Stir-fry for 8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the rice following packet directions. Place the pak choy in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Drain.
- Divide the rice, pak choy and chicken among serving dishes.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)