Recipe: Lamb and pumpkin curry
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 400g lamb leg steaks, trimmed, diced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Indian curry powder
- 700g jap pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock 150g button mushrooms, cut into quarters 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces 100g English spinach, trimmed, chopped 1/3 cup 99% fat-free natural yoghurt 2 warmed naan bread, to serve
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add half the lamb. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to a plate. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining lamb. Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add curry powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Add pumpkin and stock to pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until pumpkin is just tender.
- Return lamb and any juices to saucepan. Add mushrooms, beans and spinach. Cover.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until beans are bright green and tender. Spoon into bowls. Top with yoghurt.
- Serve with naan bread.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)