Recipe: Lamb, chickpea & rocket salad
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 400g lamb eye of loin (backstrap)
- 100g rocket leaves
- 1 x 400g can Edgell Salt-Reduced Chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 x 340g btl fire-roasted marinated red pepper (roasted capsicum) strips, drained
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled lengthways into ribbons
- 1 baby fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 4 radishes, trimmed, washed, thinly sliced
- 85g (1/3 cup) 97 per cent fat free mayonnaise
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs boiling water
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with pepper. Add to the pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, place the rocket, chickpeas, roasted capsicum, cucumber, fennel and radish in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, lime juice and water in a small bowl. Season with pepper.
- Thinly slice the lamb across the grain. Divide the salad among serving bowls. Top with the lamb. Drizzle over the dressing. Season with pepper to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)