Recipe: Lime-grilled chicken with fresh watermelon salad
- Juice and finely grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 free range chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 1kg red seedless watermelon flesh, cubed
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 180g tub South Cape Persian fetta, crumbled
- Whisk lime juice and zest, sesame oil and olive oil in a small jug. Season to taste. Place chicken in a medium bowl and toss with half the dressing until well coated.
- Cook chicken on heated grill plate for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place watermelon, mint, coriander, shallots and chilli in a large bowl. Add remaining dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide salad between four plates and sprinkle with fetta.
- Serve with chicken.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)