Recipe: Mango & butterscotch macadamia ice-cream
- 40g butter
- 200g Woolworths Select Sea Salt Macadamias
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 2L vanilla ice-cream
- 200g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 mangoes, cheeks removed, peeled, coarsely chopped
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the nuts and sugar. Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and is golden. Spread over the prepared tray. Set aside for 30 minutes or until set. Coarsely chop.
- Line a 20 x 10cm loaf pan with plastic wrap, allowing the sides to overhang. Transfer ice-cream to a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to soften. Stir in chocolate and half the nut mixture. Stir in the mango. Spoon ice-cream mixture into the pan and smooth the surface. Fold over overhanging plastic wrap. Place in the freezer overnight, or until firm.
- Turn onto a chopping board. Unwrap and cut into slices. Divide among serving plates. Top with remaining nut mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)