Recipe: Marinated beef salad with prosciutto & asparagus
- 500g Heart Smart beef rump steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil spray
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 2 tbs fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tbs extra lite sour cream
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp drained capers, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Hungarian or regular paprika
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, sliced
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Place the steaks in a ceramic dish. Combine the garlic, wine and mustard. Season. Pour over the steaks. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- Heat a chargrill pan on a medium-high heat. Spray the asparagus with oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Set aside. Lightly spray the prosciutto slices and cook for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Drain and break into pieces. Drain the beef. Chargrill for 2-3 minutes each side for medium. Cover with foil and set aside to rest. Slice into 1cm thick slices.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, capers and paprika and whisk until smooth. Divide the avocado, spinach and asparagus among serving plates. Top with the beef and prosciutto.
- Serve drizzled with the dressing.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)