Recipe: Meatballs With Couscous Salad
- 800g extra-lean beef mince
- 2 teaspoons beef stock powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper steak seasoning
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 2/3 cups boiling water
- olive oil cooking spray
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sunbeam raisins, finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free natural yoghurt
- Combine mince, stock powder and steak seasoning in a large bowl. Mix well. Roll tablespoons mince into balls. Place couscous in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water.
- Cover bowl and stand for 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir with a fork to seperate grains. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Spray meatballs with oil. Cook, turning often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, add chickpeas, mint, parsley, lemon rind, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, onion, raisins and tomatoes to couscous. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spoon couscous salad into bowls. Top with meatballs and 1 tablespoon yoghurt. Season with pepper. Serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)