Recipe: Middle Eastern Style Baked Fish With Couscous
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) passata (tomato pasta sauce)
- 250ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 600g firm white fish fillets (such as ling), cut into 5cm pieces
- Couscous, to serve
- 1 x 200ml ctn natural yoghurt
- 45g (1/4 cup) toasted pine nuts
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, paprika, cumin, ground coriander and chilli powder and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the passata and stock, and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the fish in a shallow ovenproof dish. Pour over the passata mixture. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Divide the couscous among serving plates. Top with the fish mixture. Spoon over the yoghurt and sprinkle with pine nuts. Top with coriander sprigs to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)