Recipe: Peach, lime & chilli salad
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 2 limes
- 8 yellow peaches, halved, stone removed, cut into thick wedges
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 long fresh red chilli, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- Whisk the lime juice, oil and sugar in a jug until well combined. Use a zester, or a vegetable peeler and a small sharp knife, to remove the rind from 1 lime.
- Holding the remaining lime over a large bowl to catch any juice, use a sharp knife to cut along either side of the white membrane to remove the segments.
- Arrange peach, lime rind, lime segments, onion and chilli on a large serving platter. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Number of servings (yield): 10
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)