Recipe: Penne with roasted tomatoes, capsicum, artichokes & basil
- 1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, cut into very thin wedges
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 350g dried penne pasta
- 1 large bought roasted red capsicum, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 120g (2/3 cup) fat-free marinated artichokes, quartered
- 50g fresh bocconcini, drained, torn
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the tomato and onion on a large baking tray and drizzle with the oil and half the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until tomato is tender. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente.
- Drain and return to pan. Add the tomato mixture, capsicum, artichoke, bocconcini and basil to the pasta with remaining vinegar and toss to combine.
- Season with pepper. Divide among serving bowls and serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)